Wendy brings to her consulting practice the expertise she developed through her 20-year legal career.
email@example.com | 847.266.5666
Professional BackgroundWendy Kahn spent 20 years as an attorney at a major Chicago law firm, where she concentrated in appellate litigation, an area that focuses on complex research, legal writing, and delivering oral arguments before courts. After a successful career, Wendy decided to leave the law to mentor college-bound students. She began volunteering in the college counseling office at her son's start-up high school, then made the transition to college admissions professional by enrolling in UCLA's College Counseling Program. Wendy holds UCLA's Graduate Certificate in College Counseling with distinction.
InsightWendy now brings to her consulting practice the expertise she developed through her legal career. She draws on her strong research skills to guide students as they explore colleges and programs that will provide the right fit. Her extensive background as a persuasive legal writer helps students brainstorm, develop, and polish essays and activity resumes. And her experience as a legal advocate helps students prepare for successful college interviews.
InspirationHaving guided her own son and daughter through the college admissions process, Wendy understands that students need plenty of support and encouragement as they embark on one of the most important journeys of their young adult lives.
Up-to-date guidanceTo stay on top of developments, changes, and trends in this dynamic field, Wendy:
- Visits at least 25 colleges a year to get a feel for their different personalities and programs, and to learn from college representatives what's new at their schools and what they're looking for in applicants
- Maintains professional membership in the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) and the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA). These professional organizations set individual membership requirements based on experience, education, training, and a commitment to continuing education.
- Regularly attends professional conferences, workshops, and webinars
- Holds a graduate Certificate in College Counseling from UCLA
- Completed the IECA Summer Training Institute
- Writes about the college admissions process for publications, including RJ Insider's Guide to College Life